This week’s NOMonster recipe is for all you unicorn owners, breeders, and seekers. This fun and easy recipe is for Unicorn Kibble, to lure and keep your magical creature happy, sweet, and in non-attack mode. It also includes the sacrificial butchering of any leftover Peeps, from Easter, who were previously not content with being consumed.
These treats usually pull the best magic when left out in a green-filled nature area, close to midnight, on a full moon. And you have to believe. *Results are not guaranteed*
3 tablespoons butter
35 marshmallow chick Peeps (if none available, convert count to equal 1 ½ bunnies per 1 chick)
6 cups Fruity Pebbles
Wilton’s Sparkle Gel (optional)
Preferred Cooling Platform (Greased baking sheet, muffin/mini muffin molds, etc)
- Cut Peeps into small pieces to make the melting process easier, and to minimize the Peep movement for color cross contamination.
- Turn on stovetop to a medium-low, more towards the lower side. Add the butter to a pot and melt completely.
- Add the sacrificial Peeps bits, keeping the colors separate. DO NOT STIR OR MIX.
- If you are not sure if the Peeps are melting, as they can generally keep their form due to the sugar coating, use a buttered spatula to gently prod the Peeps. A well melted Peep will give way easily. The non-melted Peeps will still hold their normal strengthened marshmallow form.
- Once the Peeps appear to have all melted, remove from heat.
- Add in the 6 cups of Fruity Pebbles, and stir to combine.
- Once combined, move to the Preferred Cooling Platform until set.
- If applicable: Use a brush to apply the Glitter Gel
***Making these long after your Peeps are gone? This recipe works fine and dandy with regular marshmallows. Just substitute the Peeps with 1 (10 oz.) package marshmallows.***
And as always with nature, what goes in, must come out. Digested magic in Unicorn Poop! Make it at home!
Fun Unicorn Facts
Robot Unicorn Attack (Game) from Adult Swim
Charlie The Unicorn