Happy Birthday, Mr. Nimoy! Wishing you the best and brightest year to come for you yet!
Nimoy has established himself as a legacy within so many genres and franchises; from the voice in the game “Civilization” to other voice-over acting, from his directing gigs to his photography passions.
What would Kirk have been without the green-blooded Spock? Ah, to be there that fateful day when Nimoy and Shatner first worked together in 1964 on “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”
Here’s some fun quotes and ideas to toss around today:
Strike up a conversation using no emotion, as well as excluding any comments regarding emotional feelings/attachments/etc.
Sing the entire “Ballad of Bilbo Baggins”.
“I think it’s my adventure, my trip, my journey, and I guess my attitude is, let the chips fall where they may.” Brainy Quotes
“I’m touched by the idea that when we do things that are useful and helpful – collecting these shards of spirituality – that we may be helping to bring about a healing.” Brainy Quotes
“That is the exploration that awaits you! Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.” Brainy Quotes
“You know, for a long time I have been of the opinion that artists don’t necessarily know what they’re doing. You don’t necessarily know what kind of universal concept you’re tapping into.” Brainy Quotes
“You proceed from a false assumption: I have no ego to bruise.” EQuotes
International Talk Like William Shatner Day
(AKA Talk. Like. William. Shatner. Day.)
This year, ITLWS Day falls on Thursday, March 22. Thanks to Maurice LaMarche, voice actor extraordinaire, it’s official. Check out Maurice’s video below for a crash course in talking like Shat. There is a rule to this day, however. If March 22 falls on a weekend day, the holiday is automatically bumped to the following Monday for more social interaction.
Aside from that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mr. Shatner. The world-wide-interweb is alight with glowing reviews for your recent endeavor, “Shatner’s World”, and you are, very apparently, alive and kicking.
Here are some fun Shatner quotes and lines for you to spend the day practicing on friends, family, and strangers alike.
“I am not a Starfleet commander, or T.J. Hooker. I don’t live on Starship NCC-1701, or own a phaser. And I don’t know anybody named Bones, Sulu, or Spock. And no, I’ve never had green alien sex, though I’m sure it would be quite an evening. I speak English and French, not Klingon! I drink Labatt’s, not Romulan ale! And when someone says to me ‘Live long and prosper’, I seriously mean it when I say, ‘Get a life’. My doctor’s name is not McCoy, it’s Ginsberg. And tribbles were puppets, not real animals. PUPPETS! And when I speak, I never, ever talk like every. Word. Is. Its. Own. Sentence. I live in California, but I was raised in Montreal. And yes, I’ve gone where no man has gone before, but I was in Mexico and her father gave me permission! My name is William Shatner, and I am Canadian!” IMDB Shatner Quotes
“I’m not going to have a tombstone. I’m going to be tossed in the air. Ashes, tossed like a salad.” IMDB Shatner Quotes
“Captain Kirk never burped out his lines, nor did he simply SPEAK! as IF! Every! Other! SYLlable! WAS! of DIRE! ImPORTance!” Think Exist Quotes
“We were basically one and the same, although Jim was just about perfect, and, of course, I am perfect.” Think Exist Quotes
“If you make a fool of yourself, you can do it with dignity, without taking your pants down. And if you do take your pants down, you can still do it with dignity.” Brainy Quotes
“I don’t know whether you know this but not many men take the time, every day, to have a cigar, glass of scotch, to talk to their best friend. That’s not something most men have.” IMDB Boston Legal Quotes
“The only thing to be scared of son is tomorrow. I don’t live for tomorrow. Never saw the fun in it.” IMDB Boston Legal Quotes
Would Jack Shephard really have been so weepy and emotionally distressed if he would have had a decent meal? The island on LOST had to have had some critters running around. This would make enough for those who survived the crash and weren’t taken in the night.
Yup, that’s the twist being taken this week. Might not be a great tie-in, but this was one heck-of-a delicious recipe. Bacon always makes everything better. It was either this, or make references to the father & son acting legacies, William and Mark Sheppard (and work with aged and fresh ingredients).
2 – 2.6L casserole dishes
1 – skillet
1 – large pan
1 – large bowl
Various heat resistant stirring utensils
2 pounds ground beef
8 strips of thick cut bacon
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 packets of the McCormick Brown Gravy powder
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
2 cloves chopped garlic
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
The Potatoes (Loaded)
Mashed Potatoes cooked to a standard recipe (probably about 8 large potatoes worth)
1/2 cup chopped chives
1 1/2 cup grated Aged Cheddar
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
2. Meat in a skillet: Chop the bacon into small pieces and cook until crispy. Do not drain. Remove 1/3 of the bacon from the pan and set aside. Add the ground beef and Worcestershire sauce. Brown the beef at a medium temperature, salt and pepper to taste. Once the ground beef is cooked, add the 1 1/2 cups water and the 2 McCormick Gravy packets, simmer on medium-low.
3. Veggies in a large pan: Add the Olive Oil to the pan, and let warm up on a medium-low setting. Add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Add the 2 teaspoons of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally. Once the onions start to become translucent, add in the frozen peas. Let the veggies sweat for about 5 more minutes.
4. Potatoes in a large bowl: Mash the equivalent of the 8 large potatoes in a large bowl for a standard mashed potato recipe. Add in 1 cup of Aged Cheddar and chives. Stir until well combined. If the cheese doesn’t melt completely, don’t worry, it will melt in the oven.
5. Add a layer of veggies at the bottom of the casserole dishes.
6. Add a layer of the meats on top of the veggies. Stir slightly to combine in the casserole dishes.
7. Top with a layer of the loaded mashed potatoes. Add in remaining 1/2 cup of Ages Cheddar on top.
8. Pop into the oven on the middle rack at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes. This should be enough time for the juices to start bubbling up.